- Are there lots of mosquitoes in New Zealand?
- Is there a ferry between New Zealand islands?
- What is the most dangerous animal in New Zealand?
- What is the hottest month in New Zealand?
- Is there a bridge between New Zealand islands?
- Are New Zealand islands connected?
- What is the best island to visit in New Zealand?
- Is there a bridge between North and South Island in New Zealand?
- How many days do you need to see New Zealand?
- What month is the best time to visit New Zealand?
- What is the best airline to fly to New Zealand?
- Can you drive from North to South Island NZ?
- Which is better New Zealand North or South Island?
- Is there a bridge from Australia to New Zealand?
- Do you need mosquito repellent in New Zealand?
Are there lots of mosquitoes in New Zealand?
Yes there are mosquitoes in NZ but nothing like the mid-west.
But the big difference between the countries is that in NZ you can’t keep them outside because most homes don’t have window screens..
Is there a ferry between New Zealand islands?
Connecting our North Island and South Island together since 1962, our Interislander ferry service is New Zealand’s original Cook Strait ferry.
What is the most dangerous animal in New Zealand?
Dangerous animals in New ZealandSharks. There are lots of sharks around the coast of New Zealand but the chances of an attack are very low. … Portuguese Man-of-War. … Seals and sea lions. … Katipo spider. … Redback spider. … White-tailed spider. … Mosquito. … Wasps and bees.More items…
What is the hottest month in New Zealand?
JanuaryThe average New Zealand temperature decreases as you travel south. January and February are the warmest months, and July is the coldest month of the year.
Is there a bridge between New Zealand islands?
Originally Answered: Is there a bridge connecting New Zealand’s two main islands? It appears that it is only about 20 km across at the shortest point (far SW side of the North Island to the smaller islands north of the South Island and just island hop down from there). There is no bridge.
Are New Zealand islands connected?
Cook Strait (Māori: Te Moana-o-Raukawa) is a strait that separates the North and South Islands of New Zealand. … It connects the Tasman Sea on the northwest with the South Pacific Ocean on the southeast, and runs next to the capital city, Wellington.
What is the best island to visit in New Zealand?
1. You can bask on beautiful North Island white sand beaches, even in winter. New Zealand’s climate gets warmer the further north you go, so the North Island is generally much warmer than the South. Head north of Auckland to the subtropical Bay of Islands and you’ll stays warm even in the winter months!
Is there a bridge between North and South Island in New Zealand?
Can you drive from North to South in New Zealand? Fancy a road trip between islands? Unfortunately, there is no bridge or tunnel connecting the islands, the distance is too great. However, there is an Interislander Ferry or Bluebridge Cook Strait car ferry that you can hop aboard.
How many days do you need to see New Zealand?
14 daysThe short answer is 14 days as a minimum time frame for visiting both the North Island and South Island of New Zealand. That’s roughly one week’s travel time for both islands and is just long enough for any visitor to experience the best of the country.
What month is the best time to visit New Zealand?
What time of year is best to visit New Zealand? In short, you’ll have the best chance of comfortable weather and fewer crowds in early spring (September – October) and in autumn (March – May).
What is the best airline to fly to New Zealand?
When it comes to safety, amenities, flight entertainment and comfort, the best of the best for travel for the new year was found in New Zealand. According AirlineRatings.com’s annual best airlines list for 2020, Air New Zealand came out on top.
Can you drive from North to South Island NZ?
Travelling between the North and South Islands of New Zealand means crossing the Cook Strait. The only way to do this with a vehicle is by taking a ferry with either the Interislander or Bluebridge which both arrive and depart from Picton and Wellington.
Which is better New Zealand North or South Island?
While both islands have beaches, the North Island has more of the traditional white-sand beaches that are perfect for swimming. New Zealand’s South Island is larger than the North Island and generally considered more beautiful. … Generally, the North Island is warmer, as its northernmost regions are subtropical.
Is there a bridge from Australia to New Zealand?
The bridge is operated by the NZ Transport Agency (NZTA). …
Do you need mosquito repellent in New Zealand?
In wet, warm areas sand flies and mosquitoes can become pests. Although they are not dangerous, it is best to carry insect repellent, especially in National Parks and marshlands. The Sand Flies in Fiordland and some parts of the West Coast are infamous and can ruin your experience.